We’re looking for an experienced Senior Human Factors Consultant to join our team apply leading HF theory and principles on a wide range of medical devices from surgical devices, drug-delivery devices, diagnostic devices, and medicinal products. If you’re looking for your next challenge we’d love to hear from you.
The role will include working with our international client portfolio on the planning, execution and reporting of formative and summative (validation) HF studies, generation of task analysis, use-related risk analysis, and other supporting HF documentation. You will be responsible for leading projects (e.g. end to end project management responsibility), overall accountability and responsibility for project delivery and supporting the growth and reputation of the company through client relationships and project deliverables.
- Understand of the medical device development process and how HFE can benefit at each stage of the process. Understand where design decisions are made and where Rebus need to be commercially sensitive with recommendations.
- Identify and apply of current industry best practice and techniques.
- Manage the delivery of high-quality HF projects to clients, on time and on budget.
- Write and review study protocols, discussion guides and supporting documentation for formative and summative HF studies selecting appropriate research methods.
- Support the directors with proactive resource management and scheduling in line with budgets and client requirements.
- Confidently and independently moderate usability test sessions in accordance with the study protocol.
- Identify adverse events and protocol deviations during fieldwork, and where required perform accurate and appropriate reporting.
- Accurately analyze and synthesize large volumes of study data confidently and efficiently in accordance with study objectives (e.g. data manipulation in Excel)
- Accurately collect data through direct observation or post-hoc analysis of video.
- Impeccable data handling skills including accuracy of root cause data gathering during test sessions and accurate expert root cause analysis, trend identification and extrapolation of commercially sensitive recommendations.
- Author and review concise and accurate study reports in appropriate technical writing style whilst ensuring data integrity.
- Generate and review engaging and on-brand presentations using MS PowerPoint and Adobe CC Suite.
- Independently present and disseminate study results confidently to clients.
- Champion the application of good research practices such as taking informed consent, data privacy considerations and ethical best practices and demonstrate proactivity in keeping up to date with changes in applicable standards and best practices (e.g. BHBIA)
- Generate and review documentation of use-related risk assessments to help inform new device developments.
- Work in a flexible and organized manner to support working across multiple projects running concurrently.
- Manage project resourcing, workload and prioritization of tasks.
- Have a high degree of interpersonal and communication skills to work with cross-functional teams and audiences, including client teams.
- Work independently and as part of a team where required.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Exhibit professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Understand and maintain awareness of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job.
- Contribute to the culture and ongoing development of the wider team skillset through knowledge sharing.
- Assist the directors in new business development activities, e.g. proposal writing and project scoping.
- Take responsibility for identification of changes to regulatory requirements, landscape and draft guidance documents which are applicable to the company’s business.
- Talk to client teams in their terms, listen to clients about their needs and issues and provide expert consultancy on all aspects of human factors in medical device development including regulatory advice and risk management.
- Demonstrate thought leadership both internally and externally.
- Contribute to ensuring Rebus is positioned as a progressive thought-leader in the field of medical device HF.
- Create a friendly and open work culture for fellow employees where trust and communication are highly valued.
- Mentor and support the development of junior team members.
Your Experience & Education
- Degree or higher in Human Factors Engineering, or relevant related subject.
- Applied understanding of the product development process.
- Applied understanding of medical device industry
- Relevant industrial experience commensurate with requirements of senior consultant
- Exceptional attention to detail and precise data handling and analytical skills.
- Technical report writing skills.
- Ability to travel when and where required.
- Exceptional time management skills and an ability to work well under pressure.
- Honesty and integrity with team members and client communication
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- Full time position (37.5hrs) based in Bristol City Centre, with opportunities for flexible working
- 25 days holiday a year + bank holidays
- Condensed working week options
- Group Company Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare scheme
- Dedicated employee training budgets
- Company bonus scheme