How Rebus Medical uses your information
This privacy notice informs you of what you need to be aware of when Rebus Medical collects personal information.
1. Visitors to our website
2. People who email us
We monitor all emails sent to us including file attachments for potential viruses and malicious software. Personal information you may share with us over email will not be shared with any other organisations.
3. People who contact us via social media
If you contact us, either via private or direct messaging via social media the message will not be shared with any other organisation.
4. People who apply for jobs with us
Before submitting any personal data to Rebus Medical related to job vacancies you should read the following statement to ensure you understand the way in which your personal data will be processed.
4a. What information will Rebus Medical Collect?
We may collect information about you in relation to applying for prospective job vacancies. This may include, but may not be limited to:
- your name, address, contact details, email address and phone number
- details of qualifications, skills, employment history and experience
- current and expected levels of remuneration, including benefits packages
- health information including details of disabilities which Rebus Medical may need to make reasonable adjustments for during the recruitment process
- evidence of entitlement to right within the UK
This information may be collected through a variety of means, including but not limited to CVs, covering letters, telephone interviews, application forms or through interview.
Rebus Medical may also receive and collect personal information about you from third parties such as recruitment consultants / agencies, referees and information available through criminal records checks where applicable to the role.
4b. Who has access to this data?
Data will be stored primarily in your application record, in the HR Management system and other IT systems (i.e. email). The data shall be stored securely and only accessible to those within the organisation who are involved in the recruitment process. Rebus Medical shall only disclose your personal data outside of the organisation if we reasonably believe we are obliged to do so for legal reasons (i.e. to HMRC for purposes of tax collection or in connection with a criminal investigation).
4c. Why do we collect this data?
Rebus Medical need to collect and process this data to support the necessary steps involved in the recruitment process. Data provided in relation to a job vacancy will not be used for any other purposes than the recruitment process.
4d. How long will this data be retained?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, Rebus Medical shall retain your data for a period of 2 months after the end of the recruitment process for the applicable position(s). At the end of this period your data shall be deleted and / or destroyed.
If your application for employment is successful, Rebus Medical shall transfer all personal data gathered through the recruitment process to your HR file and be retained for the duration of your employment. Further information on how this data will be processed and stored is detailed in the HR Privacy Notice.
4e. Your rights
As a data subject you have the following rights:
- access to a copy of your data on request
- request Rebus Medical amend any incomplete or incorrect data being held
- request Rebus Medical delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- object to the processing of your data where Rebus Medical is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
- your name, company, contact details including email address and telephone number, company address.
Subject access requests and right to amendment / erasure
Individuals can find out if we hold any of their personal data by making a ‘subject access request’ in writing to Rebus Medical FAO Data Protection Co-ordinator. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of the data held
- give an explanation for the reason we are holding it
- tell you who it has been / could be disclosed to
- let you have a copy of the data being held
You may also request that data is amended to keep it up to date or the ‘right to erasure’, when we will delete any data we hold on you or put it beyond use, unless a regulatory or legal reason prevents this. Proof of identification will be required for all ‘subject access requests’.
Rebus Medical Ltd takes pride in ensuring we meet the highest standards when collecting and processing personal data. Please contact us if you have any concerns or require further information about how we process your data.
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal data, you can contact the office of the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk/concerns.